Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Advice from Owlie - Recent Water Saver

Advice from Owlie


Q: Dear Owlie, 
I'm fairly new to your column, but I'm already using some of your tips for saving water.  A few weeks ago, you wrote about some tips for saving water in the kitchen.  Do you have any more water-saving tips I can use in my kitchen?  
Sincerely, 
Recent Water Saver

A: Dear Recent Water Saver
Welcome to my column and thank you for using these water-saving tips.  Since the previous column entry, I have started using several new water-saving tips in my kitchen.  Specifically, when hand washing dishes, fill one sink with soapy water then quickly rinse dishes under a slow-moving stream from the faucet.  Other tips include soaking pots and pans instead of scraping with running water and defrosting food in the refrigerator or with the defrost setting on microwaves, instead of with running water.  These kitchen tips can help you reach your low water use goals.  To learn more water-saving tips, visit www.ieua.org.

Good luck with these new water-saving tips for your kitchen, 
Owlie